Hi, guys I know it's boring without any tech related posts. Today am up with a review on Canon PowerShot SX150 IS, which i bought hours ago. If you are a photography enthusiast who have a tight budget or else want slr type quality for pics under a tight budget then this will be an exciting buy. Canon PowerShot SX150 is the successor of SX130. As the name says it's able to produce good pictures. Canon PowerShot comes up with a 14.1 megapixel camera featuring 12 x optical zoom and 4x digital zoom. Canon offers a focal length of 28 - 336mm. This model of camera was upgraded with a 2 mega pixel extra from its earlier model.
- Easy settings with the description worry free shooting.
- Low light recording.
- Fish- eye effect, it blooms out the centre of the screen.
- Discreet turns off the sound and flash.
- Standard mode.
These are some of the settings which are useful if you are a beginner at photography. Auto mode for this camera is optimized for producing crisp images.
Canon powershot weighs about 298 g without battery and memory card, when those are inserted it weighs about 306g. Canon powershot has a sophisticated outer body made of metal which gives a glossy look for the camera. Due the weight and the correct placement of keys this can be categorised under easy to access camera.
All features except the battery life of this camera is fine and of top quality. Let me tell you openly that this is a battery eater. Still image and video recording drains out your battery within 15-20 minutes. So if you are looking for a camera with a long battery life then this is not the one which you are seeking for.
- Large number of shooting modes available.
- 12 x optical zoom and 4 x digital zoom which is pretty good at this price range.
- Keys are well placed and it's an easy to access camera.
- Great focus with the help of optical shift stabilization.
- One among the best camera under a tight/ low budget.
- If you are going to use flash you should manually raise it.
- Battery life of this camera is terrible. While taking hd videos the battery drains out within 20 minutes.
- If you are up to record a HD video then you require SD cards with memory greater than 16 Gb.
- Camera is not so small, but still it's able to hold on your palm.
These are some of my findings on Canon PowerShot SX150 IS. I wrote this article after researching a lot because this is the camera which i bought hours ago. Hope you guys liked it. Share your reviews and ideas about the camera with us. Thank You.